About this vacancy
On behlaf of our client, Haag-Streit, YER is seeking a Director, General Diagnostics.
In this position, as a valued member of the U.S. leadership team
you will be given the opportunity to initiate and manage
outstanding commercial activities within the U.S. This is a chance
to further develop your sales and business development skills,
while using your expertise as well as your relationships in the
broader eye care medical device industry. Your familiarity with the
medical market and manufacturing of medical instruments further
augment your competencies. You will receive a great deal of
freedom, to manage and coordinate all sales and business
development activities with your team and work closely with the
U.S. leadership team.
With your sound commercial background, strong business acumen
and above all a strong desire to succeed, you navigate well in
complex high-level negotiations. You understand the particular
needs of the medical industry and translate them into actionable
business opportunities together with your colleagues.
Your high-energy level, flexibility, entrepreneurial drive, and
eagerness to succeed are most valued. Ambition and drive to
continuously deliver better results and exceed expectations make
you want to further assist Haag-Streit in growing the North
American market share with its diagnostics product portfolio. In
this role, you will report directly to the President & CEO of
the Haag-Streit Holding U.S., Inc. in Mason, OH (near
Our client, Haag-Streit is among the world's leading
provider of medical equipment for ophthalmologists, optometrists,
and opticians for 160 years. Their slit lamps, surgical
microscopes, and medical equipment set the standard for precision,
efficiency, and accuracy on the market, giving physicians the tools
they need to provide the best patient care. Haag-Streit is part of
the Metall Zug Group with global headquarters in Switzerland and
approx. 900 dedicated employees worldwide.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Business or
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience in comparable industries,
with 4 years in a leadership position.
- Experience in with a medical device firm or instrument
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Able to define sales processes that drive desired sales
outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Manage channel partners across all markets, through the
assignment of territories, maintaining contracts and all exhibits
- Work closely with marketing department to establish successful
support, channel and partner programs.
- Leverage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to
support the success of cross- and up-selling activities.
- Experience in deploying and using marketing and sales software
applications (Customer Relationship Management) as well as
implementing and integrating an ERP system into the sales
- Financial acumen with complete understanding of income
statements and profit/discount calculations.
- Willing to travel 40 - 50% which may fall over weekends and
holidays as well as occasional international.
- Generate suggestions for improving processes, develop
innovative approaches and ideas; present ideas and information in a
manner that gets internal and external stake holders to
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategic sales action
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills,
tenacious, ability to convince and 'close the deal'.
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with
resourcefulness - thick skinned.
- Self-starting and self-motivated - willing to go the 'extra
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite)
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and
- Ability and willingness to travel 40-50% (domestic and some
international including some weekends).
- Strong track record in driving and delivering results.
- Proactive behavior, 'hands-on' approach, taking
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural & international
- Enthusiastic, energetic - team player.
- Loyal and dependable.