About this vacancy
On behalf of our client CLAFIS, a dynamic and people-oriented engineering company originally from the Netherlands, YER is currently recruiting an experienced Office Manager for their new to be opened office in New York.
For development, growth and success in the USA, the Office
Manager will be given the responsibility to run the operative daily
business and serve the US customers.
CLAFIS is looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter with
excellent time management-, organizational- and decision making
skills. The Office Manager will report directly to the
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing day-to-day activities of typical functions within
the business office.
- Being a Direct Sparring partner of the CEO, an advisor and
director at strategic level.
- Responsible for the reporting of meetings.
- Being a Signal function for relevant issues and assess these in
consultation with the CEO.
- Writing of policy papers and preparation of presentations.
- Monitoring progress and substance of decision process.
- Following up on decisions made timely and their concrete
- Managing and overseeing quality and timely delivery of
- Performing a variety of other tasks.
CLAFIS is an independent Multi-disciplinary Engineering Company
with a strongly anchored network in The Netherlands. Consisting of
more than 450 technical specialists, they strive to be a leading
Engineering Company and work with solutions that serve their
clients in the world's most fundamental industries, such as
Chemistry, Energy & Transport, Food, Buildings, Surveying,
Infrastructure, Maritime, Oil & Gas and Technology. CLAFIS was
founded 13 years ago and is currently in the top 20 engineering
companies in the Netherlands.
Especially in the partnerships CLAFIS build and when it comes to
multi-disciplinary solutions for ingenious issues they create value
by combining their knowledge, people and solutions.
- Committed: they bring out the best in each other due to true
involvement. Pro-active, open and binding, that's how they like to
- Driven: to offer the best, the smartest, in short the most
ingenious solutions; that's what's hidden in their DNA. They
continuously look for ways to reinforce the added value of their
- Knowledgeable: to expose the question behind the question is
what they do best. With their knowledge and expertise they come to
the most specific answers and feasible solutions.
- Bachelors or Master's degree, preferably in Law or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar complex work
- (large -scale) Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and detail oriented.
- Be able to stay abreast of developments with regards to policy
advice and assess on consequences and applicability.
- Excellent decision making and trouble-shooting abilities.
- Ability to interact with related departments in fast-paced
- Ability to work under minimal guidance within a small office
- Excellent time management skills, dependability and accuracy
Analytical, strategic, diplomatic, tactful, honest, integrity,
team player, flexible, creative, entrepreneurial, decisive,
persuasive, patience, determination, resourceful, pioneer.