About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Gourmand, we are looking for a Regional Sales Manager Foodservice who will drive the Belpastry foodservice turnover.
The Regional Sales Manager Foodservice will drive the Belpastry
foodservice turnover according to the business plan in the
dedicated territory. He/She will leverage existing relationships
with distributors and brokers while identifying new
More in particular, responsibilities and accountabilities will
include the following :
- Research/target prospective volume foodservice and local bakery
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order to
review product requires and to determine additional sales
- Continually updating all customers on company product
- Interview, train, manage and support broker agencies in
- Effectively execute distributor sales meetings, food shows, and
- Force distribution of products via Key/Leverage account
placements using existing GPO approvals;
- Manage assigned territory aggressively to ensure annual
- Develop a strategy to achieve year end budget/sales objectives
and maintain an active quarterly target list/action plan and
provide weekly activity reports;
- Travel requirements up to 60%;
- Build-up a long-term growth strategy based on understanding of
competition and key market factors/trends and create an effective
business plan incl. plan of action and sales targets, aligned with
the overall corporate strategy;
- Continuously evaluates performance and actively reports to the
Director of Sales Foodservice;
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact
to portray the company in a positive manner;
- Use internal CRM (Salesforce) to document sales and prospecting
activity and track KPIs performance;
- Collect and interpret market information (e.g. trends, needs,
competitors, new products) and translate into proposals for or
- Monitor the administrative processing of all data, (e.g. budget
and contract management) and if necessary, take corrective
This role reports directly to the Director of Sales
Created in 1984, our client Gourmand, a Belgian headquartered
global player and part of the Dossche Group, has grown into a major
supplier of frozen laminated dough products.
With a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Belgium, they
now are the leader in producing and supplying value added frozen
laminated pastries. They offer Danish pastries, sweet and savory
filled croissants and other filled pastries to retail and food
Years of experience, continuous investment in R&D helped
them to become a strong commercial player with an excellent
international reputation, servicing over more than 30
Operating in the U.S. under the BelPastry brand since 2010,
their North-American arm, became a fast rising star.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Regional Sales
Manager FoodserviceEast who will be responsible for managing the
sales and distribution of their high end European laminated dough
products in the Western territory.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Effective time management, organizational, and strong personal
- Ability to manage broker relationships.
- Ability to work independently while working well with others,
leveraging strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong technical skills and product knowledge.
- Excellent team player and able to work well under
- Bachelor's Degree;
- 5+ years relationships with Large Leverage Operators, key
distributors and foodservice brokers.
- 5+ years' experience managing a multi-state territory.
- Proven sales track record and solid retail distribution
background, and ability to close the sale
- Strong negotiator, driven, with a passion for the business,
with a strong ability to close deals;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and strong
- Pro-active, highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical,
detail-oriented and problem-solver;
- Willing to travel up to 60% within the western territory.;
- Able to work and thrive well in a multicultural matrix
organization and capable of understanding the challenges of an
international work environment;
- Location: To be determined (Northeast or Southeast USA).