Sr. Application Engineer
Schaefer Systems International
About this vacancy
We are currently recruiting an Application Engineer for Schaefer Systems International in Charlotte, NC. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong analytical skills and sales support experience in the material handling industry.
The Application Engineer provides sales support for automated
material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and
distribution centers using a broad range of knowledge including but
not limited to the distribution processes, the mathematical
theories that drive those processes and the technologies that can
be applied to those processes.
- Work with customers to develop an understanding of their
business and operational needs
- Analyze customer data (working in conjunction with in house
analyst) to determine system requirements in terms of storage
needs, throughput volume, item velocity zoning, etc.
- Develop material flow diagrams and process flow charts
- Select technologies and develop a cost effective, wholly
- Develop or oversee the development of system drawings
- Gather costing for the equipment and services proposed
- Develop proposal documents describing system requirements, the
proposed solution with scope of work, pricing, benefit analysis,
- Present the solution to the customer (upper management and
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact
- Travels nationally and internationally for initial training as
well as based on business needs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform Essential Functions.
- Assists sales team with projects.
- Writes and updates knowledgebase articles.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials
handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses
throughout North America. We design and manufacture
state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for
all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and
waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North
Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI
SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling
founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different
countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
- Excellent Base Salary and Bonus
- Health / Dental / Life / Disability Insurance
- 401k with match
- PTO and holidays
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical)
or a combination of equivalent work experience and education
- 3-5 years related work experience
- 1 year of experience and proficiency in AutoCAD or CAD related
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well
as proficiency in MS Access (including the ability to develop
- Ability to create presentations and articles using original or
innovative techniques or style
- Ability to make effective and persuasive arguments and
presentations on controversial or complex topics to top
- Ability to understand nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific
equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to work with a variety of abstract and concrete