About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Mersen, we are currently seeking a Solutions Engineer for the West Coast. This is a great opportunity for an energetic self-starter and high-achiever with solid experience in the electrical power applications engineering field. You will be working from your home office in either the Los Angeles CA, Portland OR, Seattle WA, or Phoenix AZ area.
In the role of the Solutions Engineer, you will complement the
sales process by serving as the Regional technical engineering
expert on regional opportunities. You will be the technical linkage
between the customer, sales and business product lines. With focus
on strategic market and key end user accounts outlined by the VP of
Solutions Engineering, you will drive industrial conversion
projects, specification development, new product launches and other
pre-sales efforts, primarily in the industrial markets. You will be
a key member of the Product Approval Committee (PAC) process in
feeding the business unit new product ideas from our customer
Responsibilities will include:
- Technically differentiate Mersen products to drive the product
specification position and advance the sales process.
- Build and sustain strong technical relationships with all key
account stake holders in support of opportunities; own all
technical aspects of customer applications and provide technical
- Keep abreast on current technologies, selection techniques and
processes for the proper application of our products and
- Translate key learnings and insight from customers into
innovative new product ideas for Mersen. Support new product
launches as needed.
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies via
self-teaching as well as formal
- Support trade shows and seminars via technical hands on
presentations and training.
- Provide training to channel partners and end users.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including bonus and
company car package.
- Great career opportunity with global company.
- Reports to VP, Solutions Engineering & Technical
- Works from home office
Mersen is a global expert in electrical power with a total
revenue of ~800M Euros, including the advanced materials division.
The company designs innovative solutions to address its clients'
specific needs which enables them to optimize their manufacturing
performance in the energy, transportation, electronic, chemical,
pharmaceutical, and process industries. The Solutions Engineer
position is within the Electrical Power segment of the company
which has total revenue of 350M Euros. Mersen has been a market
leader in the electrical power industry for over 125 years.
- BS EE (Electrical Engineering) or higher degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in the electrical application engineering in
the industrial market.
- Experience with specification of product and training with
- Technical understanding of Power Electronics and power
- Ability to use modeling software and prepare test reports for
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written
communications skills. Ability to communicate with technical and
non-technical audiences. Comfortable in presenting to large
- Self-motivated learner to stay abreast of new products,
technologies and applications.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed, at times with limited
notice, by air or car.