About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Refresco, we are currently seeking a Plant Manager for their largest U.S. production site in Wharton, New Jersey. This is a unique opportunity for a well-versed and charismatic individual with an entrepreneurial drive, and one who has extensive plant management experience in the food and/or beverage industry.
In the position of Plant Manager, you will report directly to
the VP of Operations and you will play a key role in our client's
future success by participating in the development of company
business plans, strategies, and goals. The Plant Manager will
be responsible for developing and leading the Operational
Leadership team to a record of accomplishment and continuous
improvement, resulting in outstanding customer and employee
satisfaction. You will lead the team by example in an ethical
manner that is consistent to the core values of the company's
culture. You will also have overall responsibility for production,
maintenance, quality, and supply chain.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Strategically focuses the plant to meet financial and
- Directs consistent quality production that is based on a
flexible master production schedule which driven by customer
- Plans, organizes, directs, trains and motivates the workforce
to achieve optimized operational performance.
- Ensures compliance with environmental, health, safety, and all
GMP (good manufacturing practices).
- Communicates objectives of the company to personnel.
Implements the company's Core Values, Vision Statements and Quality
Statements to ensure success with customers, employees, and the
- Identifies, analyzes and implements cost reductions strategies
that do not adversely impact the plant.
- Analyzes technologies and processing systems to develop a solid
understanding of the beverage industry.
- Actively supports talent acquisition and development of
critical roles in the plant.
- Maintains effective manpower utilization systems and control
- Aligns subordinate staff objectives and tasks to the company's
Core Values and performance metrics.
- Embraces a leadership demeanor that encourages treating all
employees with dignity and respect.
- Responsible for personal interaction with employees at all
levels throughout the plant.
- Drives the change process in the plant and monitors the
transition and evaluate results.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent
- Reports directly to the VP of Operations.
- Great career opportunity with fast growing international
Our client is a leading independent international bottler of
soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and A-brands in Europe
and the U.S. With production in the Benelux, Finland, France,
Germany, Iberia, Italy, Poland, the U.K. and the U.S., our client
employs about 5,500 employees. Their global sourcing and local
R&D capabilities offer an unlimited variety of products,
precisely manufactured to customer specifications and
Company website: https://refrescous.com/
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Operations
Management, Industrial Engineering or an equivalent combination of
Engineering Degree and managerial experience.
- 6-10 years of general/plant management within large size
production environment in the food and/or beverage industry.
- Excellent people management, and interpersonal and
communication skills are a must to be successful in this position.
Ability to build moral and group commitments to goals and
- Effective presentation skills in sharing information with top
management, public groups, and/or board of directors as
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial,
operational and legal documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize the plant budget and to
develop within the plant a solid understanding of the company's
business cycle and goals.
- Ability to function well within a fast-paced manufacturing
environment. Strong work ethic and commitment.