General Manager for production facility in the Southeast
About this vacancy
On behalf of our client,
Our client is market leading in their industry. The company has
a strong footprint in the U.S. and is looking to welcome a new
General Manager for one of their sites in the Southeast. We are
looking for a person with a background in production and with
strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset and good commercial
As GM you will be responsible for the overall direction of the
plant including but not limited to:
- Responsible for management of capital assets, plant, machinery
and inventory and therefor also responsible for all plant costs
within company budgets.
- Ensure plant policies and procedures are being followed and
direct and co-ordinates material management, production operations
and process improvement on a day-to-day basis. Map current flows
and continuously evaluate and implement flow improvements with the
Production Manager. Manage physical inventory of materials and
components, as well as the best utilization of materials.
- Work closely with sales and customers and continuously improve
the costing and pricing systems.
- Develop and execute Production Plan as part of the annual
Business Planning process.
- Lead and compile the company's forecasting (annual and rolling
Q) as part of the all up planning cycle.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts at existing facilities,
including but not limited to Kaizen events, 6-S events, 5s, Cost
Reduction initiatives, Quality (ISO) and Business Improvement
planning/development. Also initiate and coordinate major projects -
plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, addition
of new manufacturing and converting capabilities, major repairs,
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional
areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Balance the human resources with the capacity needs to fulfill
To be successful in the job you must have 15+ years of
experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a
process-oriented operations and experience in warehousing and
logistics is a plus as is working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
strategies, QMS and ISO is a great plus.
Contact Anna-Louise Plougmand for further details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call her at 832-314-1658