About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, HAUNI Richmond Inc., we are currently seeking a Mechanical Field Service Technician who, depending on his/her location, will be working out of the company’s headquarters in Richmond, VA or from their own home in the NC area. At least three years of experience in the assembly, repair, installation, or design of high-speed equipment is required.
In the role of Field Service Technician, you will provide
customer support for both installed systems as well as for new
installations. You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug
mechanical equipment and take responsibility for continued customer
satisfaction. This opportunity provides a lot of variety and
exposure to different clients in different countries. Frequent
travel up to 70% will be required and the physical requirements
will include the ability to work in loud production environment and
to climb in, on, and under machines and work in awkward
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Perform the troubleshooting, repair service, conversions and
installation of multiple tobacco machines in a timely and accurate
- Communicate effectively with customers and within other
departments of Hauni in both verbal and written form.
- Conduct hands-on training for customer personnel on the
maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment upon
- Support customer personnel by providing technical knowledge and
expertise on the equipment.
- Provide technical support to customer personnel regarding the
inventory of critical spare parts and convey knowledge on the use
of spare parts catalog.
- Be prepared and ready for service assignments, including
- Prepare service reports accurately and submit biweekly or more
frequently if necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments of assigned
- Perform work assignments in a safe and responsible manner.
- Represent the company professionally and conduct business with
tact and diplomacy.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package.
- Great career opportunity with growing global company.
- Extensive training on HAUNI equipment at main facility in
As part of the Körber Group, Hauni Richmond Inc. and the Hauni
network are the world's leading supplier of solutions to the
international tobacco industry. Körber AG is the holding company
for an international technology group with nearly 12,000 employees
around the world.
The Group comprises leading-edge technology companies and over
100 production, service and sales entities. At locations around the
globe, Körber combines the benefits of a globally present
organization with the strengths of highly specialized, flexible,
medium-sized enterprises that offer their customers solutions,
products, and services in the Business Areas of Automation,
Logistics Systems, Machine Tools, Pharma Systems, Tissue, Tobacco
and Corporate Ventures.
- Associate degree or technical college degree preferred in
mechanical application or combination of equivalent education and
- At least three years of experience in the assembly, repair,
installation, or design of high-speed equipment - preferred.
- Experience in working in a service environment preferred.
- Good customer relationship skills and effective communication
- Self-starter who can work with little direct supervision.
- Able to lift heavy equipment and work under pressure in
- Willing and able to travel for extended periods of the time,