About this vacancy
For our client Schmitz Foam Products Inc., we are currently looking for a Quality Manager out of their Coldwater, MI location.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and hands-on
individual with a proven track record in quality management. In the
role of Quality Manager you will have the opportunity to be
actively involved in the daily operations and become part of our
client's expansion in the USA. You will play a key role in our
client's further expansion and continuous success by developing and
improving the quality management system to meet customer quality
requirements and compliance.
This role works closely together, and reports directly to, the
General Manager and will have an indirect reporting line to
corporate headquartered in the Netherlands.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not
- Develop and manage Quality Department of new US plant.
- Develop a quality management system to ISO 9100 and relevant
rules and regulations.
- Develop a quality manual, quality policy, procedures, work
instructions, and forms.
- Develop major quality performance objectives and plans to
- Implement 5S and Lean Management concepts in co-ordination with
- Develop organizational structure to meet the above
- Setup an internal quality system audit schedule and
track/report quality audit findings.
- Setup, implement, and maintain document control system,
corrective action programs and continuous improvement plans.
- External audits; conduct periodic quality audits at supplier
- Report monthly and quarterly as to the quality status of the
- Oversee quality meeting with production- and sales
Schmitz Foam Products Inc. is a subsidiary of Schmitz Holding BV
in the Netherlands. The company is the global market leader
in engineered prebuilt shock pads for artificial sports pitches,
selling their products to 60 countries. Given the growth in the
various regions and in particular in the USA, Schmitz has recently
completed building a new state of the art production facility in
Schmitz Foam Products Inc. offers a competitive compensation
package and excellent working conditions, offering health benefits
(medical, vision, dental).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related technical field or
- 5 years minimum work experience in a quality management
position in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with international Quality system rules and
- Strong understanding of- and experience with ISO
- Experience with implementation of quality strategies, planning
processes, process mapping tools and information management
- Used to a fast paced operational environment and constant
interaction with operations and management with a demonstration of
flexibility, persistence and diplomacy.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing principles and
- Thorough knowledge of Six Sigma or similar quality control
- Detail-oriented, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi task and work independently with minimal
- Strive for continuous improvement and interested in
- Strong organizational skills, excel at managing critical
deadlines and other project management skills.
- Pragmatic and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral - internal
and external (customer).