About this vacancy
We have been engaged to search for a hands-on, ambitious and experienced Purchasing Manager to join our client’s team in Moore, S.C.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in Supply Chain, an
inquisitive nature and strong negotiation skills. He/she will lead
the Supply Chain department for the company in the United States,
will report to the local COO and work closely with the Italian HQ.
This role is ideal for someone that is ready to take on a
managerial role, enjoys challenges and is interested in new
- Plan & manage the procurement of a large variety of complex
materials and services to effectively support the product line
strategy, growth, and on-going production requirements for the
- Oversee the review and negotiation of purchase price, quality,
availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the
overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing
specifications and overall company production objectives.
- Lead procurement strategy for the company, build a solid team
and works closely with the sourcing department.
- Drive material & logistics cost out, ensuring robust
pipeline development, negotiation, sourcing, and other tools, while
driving consistent project execution to achieve profit plan savings
& productivity objectives
- Align Purchasing strategies to support the inbound &
outbound logistics function to increase delivery service level,
reduce freight damage, & reduce transit-time while lowering
total logistics cost
- Expand maturity & utilization of supplier inventory
programs, including vendor managed inventory, consignment, supplier
stocking, and Kanban.
- Take plant leadership roles in key processes, including EHS
assessments, Quality assessments, & ISO requirements.
Our client is an internationalcompany, based in Italy, and
leader in the design and manufacture of self-adhesive
materials. Present for 25 years in the United States, the
company has recently built a new state-of-the-art plant in South
Carolina, and has introduced an innovative and automated facility
and is now at the forefront in the manufacturing of adhesive
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of experience in supply
chain management in the manufacturing industry (preferably paper,
packaging, adhesives, chemical)
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture,
while be very hands-on and adaptable. Able to work in a fast-paced,
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication
- Great negotiation skills and a go-getter attitude
- CPIM Certification and/or MAPICS experience preferred.