Chief Operating Officer
Kayser Automotive Systems
About this vacancy
As the Chief Operating Officer you will become part of a growing team for our German client.
Kayser Automotive Systems is a globally operating component
supplier and calls many well-known automotive OEMs and Tier 1
suppliers its clients. As an industry leader in injection molding,
and blow molding, Kayser Automotive produces high quality modules
and ready-to-install systems for engine and passenger compartments
as well as fuel tanks. Manufacturing, assembly, and testing of
metal and plastic components as part of a module and/or
ready-to-install system are our core competencies.
The U.S. manufacturing facility is located in Fulton, Kentucky. For
2018, the company anticipates tremendous growth and is forecasting
to nearly double manufacturing output. Under your leadership the
team in the U.S. must grow from its current 115 employees to
facilitate the forecasted increase in revenue without sacrificing
delivery deadlines or quality. The position requires a level-headed
professional that excels under pressure and is used to the rigors
of a 24/7 high-volume manufacturing environment.
For further expansion and continued success, you will be given the
opportunity to help Kayser Automotive grow their business and
maintain their status as an innovative market leader. The Chief
Operation Officer is a experienced manufacturing operations
executive who has generated significant impact through the
strategic and tactical direction of both the production areas as
well as the operations area. This position will direct and develop
department heads in all areas of the facility.
As the Chief Operating Officer you must have experience and/or
knowledge of Injection & Blow Molding/Production, Finance,
Human Resources, Materials/Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering,
Tooling and Purchasing.Through experience you have learned to
communicate and lead seamlessly in the American and German business
cultures. As part of the North American management team you will be
a key link between the German headquarter and Kayser Automotive
Systems operations in the U.S.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability,
productivity and efficiency throughout the company's
- Responsibility for all technical and production aspects of the
plant, including machinery and equipment, molds maintenance and
- Implement and monitor financial and production KPI's and use
the data to drive improvements in productivity, safety, quality,
maintenance and cost reductions.
- Oversee all financial aspects for the facility to ensure
meeting and obtaining budget expectations.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all company policies and
procedures and all federal, state, and local laws that govern the
site; and ensure that appropriate actions are taken against
- Develop and direct the management of the Production/Operations
areas to ensure efficiency and quality to meet and exceed all
customer expectations with a cost-effective focus.
- Perform employee actions to include interviewing, hiring,
administering employee actions, or overseeing those human resource
processes in a manner that complies with all company and legal
- Develop and maintain a team environment by encouraging and
building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among departmental
team members and intra departmental employees.
- Interact regularly with German management team to ensure that
company's operational priorities are aligned with total company
- Competitive salary
- Employer sponsored Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Paid Holidays & Vacations
- Employer sponsored health initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. (or
- 10-15 years of progressive manufacturing experience
- Currently in operational role overseeing production with
significant P&L responsibility
- Automotive and/or Tier 1 manufacturing experience is
- Management experience in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plastic resins, production processes,
quality assurance, cost management, and manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of quality standards such as ISO/TS 16949
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and management principles
involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, employee
relations, effective leadership techniques, and coordination of
people and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plastic processing machinery and
tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, tools and
systems. (Six Sigma training preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify
appropriate recommendations and solutions to production
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques and identify
appropriate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate concepts,
ideas, and instructions in written and verbal English.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a highly productive
- Bilingual in German is required.