About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, HAUNI Richmond Inc., we are currently seeking a Project Manager for their manufacturing facility in Richmond, VA.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high achieving project
manager with extensive experience in managing complex Engineering
and Development projects in the capital equipment manufacturing
In the role of the Project Manager, you will be responsible for
driving day to day new Equipment Project Management Operations from
order intake to project closing, including on-site activities
management. Based on your effective leadership,
organizational and communication skills, you are the liaison among
the different departments to coordinate the complex engineering and
development project work and ensure deliverables are being achieved
to stakeholders at the expected cost.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage routine operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual
responsibilities in close cooperation with Engineering
- Review deliverables prepared by the team before passing it on
- Effectively apply Hauni Richmond, Inc. methodology and enforce
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored
- Create and execute project work plans and revise with Manager's
approval as appropriate to meet challenging project deadlines,
needs and requirements.
- Monitor project's budget
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively. Hold regular
status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to
superiors. Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized status
- Ensure risk assessment and response plan are in place for
critical projects; accountable to drive risk management and
- Manage, motivate, support and coach the assigned team,
driving the relevant competence development & utilization;
eliminate roadblocks for team. Support the Team in managing scope
changes without affecting the baselined objectives and benefits,
- Regular and timely reporting to the Stakeholders; drive
Technical issues escalation.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues to appropriate managers in a
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive
suggestion for change.
As part of the Körber Group, Hauni Richmond Inc. and the Hauni
network are the world's leading supplier of solutions to the
international tobacco industry. Körber AG is the holding company
for an international technology group with nearly 12,000 employees
around the world.
The Group comprises leading-edge technology companies and over
100 production, service and sales entities. At locations around the
globe, Körber combines the benefits of a globally present
organization with the strengths of highly specialized, flexible,
medium-sized enterprises that offer their customers solutions,
products, and services in the Business Areas of Automation,
Logistics Systems, Machine Tools, Pharma Systems, Tissue, Tobacco
and Corporate Ventures.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package
- Great career opportunity with growing global company.
- Reports directly to the Director, Engineering/R&D
- Engineering degree, electrical engineering degree
- Project management degree or PMP certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years' hands-on experience in a Project Manager
role in capital equipment manufacturing industry.
- Effective leadership and very good communication skills.
- Cross-functional Team leadership experience, ability to
motivate and coach others.
- Must be a complex thinker with good organizational skills;
sound understanding of complex projects.
- Self-starter with drive to work independently.
- Microsoft Office proficiency necessary.
- Willing to travel, US and internationally.