About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Loparex, we are currently seeking a Director of Continuous Improvement who will be working out of one of the company’s 3 manufacturing sites in the U.S.: Eden NC, Iowa City, IA or Hammond, WI.
This is a unique opportunity for a well-versed and charismatic
individual with an entrepreneurial drive, and who has extensive
experience in driving and managing Continous Improvement projects
in large and high pace manufacturing settings.
In the role of Director of Continous improvement, you will
report to the Chief Operations Officer and you will have a lot of
freedom to cover a wide range of responsibilities focused on
creating a culture of ongoing continuous improvement. You will
identify improvement opportunities and direct cross-functional
teams of employees at all Loprex U.S. and global locations. This is
a dynamic, hands-on, plant floor role. Besides the ability to use
structured problem solving, six-sigma, and other lean manufacuring
techniques to meet business and operational goals including safety,
quality, and production efficiencies, the successful candidate must
have strong personality and leadership skills.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead quick changeover projects and train others to lead
- Develop a strategy to drive continuous improvement through all
levels of the organization.
- Align continuous improvement efforts with corporate strategies
and initiatives to meet business and manufacturing goals.
- Identify sources of waste and non-value-added complexity, then
developing and executing a strategy for improvement.
- Manage the utilization of the Company's equipment, personnel
and machinery located in the U.S. and globally to meet customer
- Support the global coordination and standardization of metrics,
reporting, equipment, procedures, and best practices.
- Engage employees at all levels; operators, supervisors, process
engineers, quality personnel, engineering, plant leadership, and
senior leadership to influence and drive change to meet business
and operational goals.
- Lead or participate in special projects as assigned by senior
- Develop the project management and problem-solving skills of
plant manufacturing personnel.
- Manage and assign staff to support company initiatives and
- Requires extensive travel, both domestic and
- Competitive compensation package including excellent
- Reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
- High visibility position, global presence.
- Great career opportunity with growing international
Our client is a leading, global manufacturer of silicone release
liners, used in a wide variety of pressure sensitive adhesive
applications. The company has more than 100 years of experience in
the release papers and films industry and has production sites in
Europe, Asia, and the U.S.
Company website: http://www.loparex.com/
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master's degree
preferred (MBA, Engineering).
- A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience is
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is required, Black Belt
- Formal continuous improvement training and demonstrated
successful application; lean manufacturing experience is
- Experience in coating, extrusion, and/or paper manufacturing
industry is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence
positive, sustainable change.
- Ability to facilitate organizational change and positively
influence the drive toward common goals and the "One Loparex
Culture" across a variety of global manufacturing settings.
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to communicate
across all organizational levels.
- Desire and comfort level with spending time on plant floors,
working with technicians and operators to understand processes and
to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Willingness to travel extensively, sometimes up to 75%,