On behalf of our client, Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide manufacturer of aerial work platforms, YER is seeking a Global Importation Buyer.
The position's Primary Objective is to energize and drive
supplier's relationship dynamically and collaboratively within the
group, bringing added value to both internal and external
To adjust the worldwide suppliers panel in accordance with Haulotte Group's strategy and Haulotte-Biljax needs while respecting Quality (Q), Costs (C), Delivery (D), Human Resources (HR), Safety (S), Environment (E), Innovation.
For the product families of purchases under his/her responsibility:
o Contributes as a Project Support:
▪ Feeds project teams with relevant information on their product families and provide all necessary support
Page 2 of 3
▪ Takes responsibility for certain documents in the projects (selection panel, consultation, negotiation, contracting) according to the organization defined in the project
➢ Level 1: Able to manage families of so-called "simple" products and a few "complex" families.
➢ Level 2: Able to manage any product family (simple and complex).
o Analyzes the market and its needs, providing a global vision of the market suppliers and products of its families.
o Understands the cost structure
o Works closely with the R & D and Marketing teams to design and / or choose and support the development of the product (design to cost), taking into account the elements of the technological roadmap
o Builds a Supplier database (Proposes the actions "Phase In",
"Phase Out", "New Business On Hold", "Stand By" Suppliers)
o Manages the Suppliers database for the entire Haulotte Group:
▪ Develops supplier strategies in collaboration with other functions/departments
▪ Ensures the application of the family strategy once validation process complete
o Manages and monitors the supplier relationship:
▪ Improves the flow of information between the company and suppliers
▪ Establishes a collaborative working method in-house and with suppliers
▪ Organizes regular reviews to improve supplier performance
▪ Fosters innovation and skill sharing
▪ Provides support to all occupations in the resolution of emergency and/or crisis situations
▪ Manages critical supplier risks
▪ Sourcing to meet technological needs, in accordance with QCD strategies
▪ Guarantees the criteria for selection and validation of suppliers (audits…)
▪ Sponsoring selected suppliers to bring them into the supplier base
o Provides added value for QCD performance:
▪ Negotiates and contracts
▪ Implements all possible levers to optimize supplier performance (upstream integration, industrial productivity, techno, value analysis, etc.)
▪ Uses supplier evaluation tools (scorecard ...)
▪ Ensures implementation and follow-up with suppliers and business leaders (Quality, Logistics, R & D) of performance improvement plans.
Our client, Haulotte-BilJax is the US manufacturing subsidiary
of French group Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide
manufacturer of aerial work platforms such as scissor lifts and
boom lifts. With the acquisition in 2008 of Bil-Jax, the largest US
scaffold manufacturer, HNA is now made up of two divisions:
Haulotte US -Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), sales and service and
Haulotte-BilJax the manufacturer of AWPs, Scaffolding & Event
Products. Each division brands their respective product ranges and
distribution channels in the United States and Canada.
Their headquarters -the central hub for North America AWP corporate offices, product and parts distribution, as well as all in-house customer care activities are in Virginia Beach, VA.
Haulotte's other global factories are located in France, Romania, and China.