About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide manufacturer of aerial work platforms, YER is seeking a Junior Buyer.
The position's Primary Objective is to secure various
commodities from outside suppliers, using accepted procurement
practices, for meeting/exceeding current and projected company
goals and customer requirements.
This position requires the highest level of personal, professional
and ethical conduct. It involves direct contact with outside
suppliers, and other departments staff in new product development,
engineering, quality, production, etc.
- Manages select class (A) commodities as assigned.
- Participates in both short and long-term strategy built up in
direct connection with the Group Global Lead Buyer. Makes
appropriate recommendations based on general market
- Contributes in the capacity of a team member; resolving
purchasing issues and improving purchase price, terms, etc.
- Achieves department performance goals (i.e. Cost reduction,
commodity management, PPV, sourcing, and successful new product
development launches (cost, timing, prototypes, etc.).
- Develops new sources, according to the Group Procedure, for
existing materials where doing so will improve purchase price and
- Issues R.F.I & R.F.Q and evaluates proposals for
responsiveness and price.
- Communicates regularly with vendors.
- Negotiates commodity and part costs.
- Initiates supplier qualification including investigating
suppliers' capability to furnish materials and finished parts or
service, to establish adequate and reliable sources of supply.
- Regularly performs market analysis and maintains working
knowledge of business trends including commodity specific issues,
cost drivers, supply chain best practices, market conditions and
- Identifies new and/or alternate sources of supply as
- Will help support a culture where cost savings, continuously
improving quality and assurance of supply become part of the
overall fabric of the company.
- Will perform root cause analysis for non-support
- Performance measurement: PPV (purchase price variance/cost
reduction), Supplier performance, New Product launches
Our client, Haulotte-BilJax is the US manufacturing subsidiary
of French group Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide
manufacturer of aerial work platforms such as scissor lifts and
boom lifts. With the acquisition in 2008 of Bil-Jax, the largest US
scaffold manufacturer, HNA is now made up of two divisions:
Haulotte US -Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), sales and service and
Haulotte-BilJax the manufacturer of AWPs, Scaffolding & Event
Products. Each division brands their respective product ranges and
distribution channels in the United States and Canada.
Their headquarters -the central hub for North America AWP corporate
offices, product and parts distribution, as well as all in-house
customer care activities are in Virginia Beach, VA.
Haulotte's other global factories are located in France, Romania,
- Strategic purchasing experience (1 to 3 years)
- Degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical), supply chain,
- Mechanical background or experience is a huge plus.
- Heavy Industry, Construction or Agriculture equipment
- STRONG COMPUTER SKILLS: Excel spreadsheet analysis and basic
functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot table, pivot charts, and data
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Proven organizational skills - ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills; (both written and verbal) with
strong analytical skills.
- Familiar with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
within the Purchasing field.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of procurement and material