About this vacancy
We are currently looking for a General Manager USA for our client, Schouten USA Inc. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, hands on, entrepreneurial and high-energy leader. The General Manager USA must have the drive, ambition, and the ability to build and grow the organization from the ground up.
Due to the growth of the meat substitute, plant based protein,
market in the USA, we are recruiting a General Manager USA with at
least 10 years of experience within the food or meat substitute
industry who is a "Jack of all trades" and competent in setting up
a small but growing organization in the USA and is responsible
helping them expand their presence and market share.
- Responsible for the US strategy, execution and overseeing
development and implementation of Schouten's food services.
- Responsible for (retail) sales strategy, and broker/
Responsible for the operations, foodservice production, logistics
- Manage a small sales team consisting of 2 sales managers.
- Responsible for overall sales, develop new accounts and
- Oversee operations and logistics to ensure reliable, accurate
and on-time delivery.
- Maintain and build relationships with key and new
- Build and manage network of brokers and
- Prepare and manage yearly budgets and take responsibility for
the overall financial performance.
- Collaborate and communicate with Schouten's headquarters in the
Schouten USA is part of Schouten Europe BV, small family owned
company based in the Netherlands. They are a specialist in the
development, production, and packaging of Plant based Protein
Products (meat substitutes). The company started as a bakery back
in 1893 and was active for years in the trading of raw materials
and livestock feeds. They started in 1990 as the first Dutch
company to develop meat substitutes based on soy protein.
Schouten works mainly with global retailers; brand manufacturers
of snacks, salads and meals; global fast food chains and all sorts
of other parties within the industrial, intermediate, and
institutional market. The products are manufactured at specialized
production locations and are sold in about 40 countries.
Schouten USA Inc. offers a competitive compensation package and
excellent working conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree in food science or related industry.
- A minimum of 10 years of related and relevant work experience
in food production and related experience in production, logistics
and sales in a relevant industry.
- "Can do" attitude, high level of motivation, thrives in a
- Entrepreneurial, independent, self- starter, hands-on
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and deliverables for
multiple tasks, well developed project management skills.
- Relationship builder with excellent presentation and
- Ability to initiate, establish and nurture business
- Self-starting attitude, self-learning mentality and be able to
work independently/remotely from the parent company in the
- Solid and well-established network in the meat substitute or
plant protein related industry.