About this vacancy
On behalf of our client, Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide manufacturer of aerial work platforms, YER is seeking a Senior Buyer.
The position's Primary Objective is to develop and manage the
North American Supplier base and manage a $10 million North America
purchasing portfolio, with an active involvement in
cross-functional teams to support the overall success of the
- Lead the purchasing team and all the purchasing activities in
the US and Canada
- Implement purchasing strategies, policies and procedures
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with all key
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, payment terms and conditions,
lead-times and formulate contracts/agreements with suppliers to
minimize total cost, improve quality and assure on-time
- Review and resolve any discrepancies with supplier invoices,
grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality
- Ensure appropriate analysis of supplier proposals is completed;
may include market analysis, Should Cost analysis, Total Cost of
Ownership analysis, etc.
- Effectively communicate progress and results to key
stakeholders including to senior management
- Familiarity with processes related to budgeting, standards
setting, supplier performance management and supplier quality
management-- including quality audits and assessments of
- Ensure that materials that are procured are safe and will meet
Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Travel up to 25% (including International)
Our client, Haulotte-BilJax is the US manufacturing subsidiary
of French group Haulotte Group, the third-largest worldwide
manufacturer of aerial work platforms such as scissor lifts and
boom lifts. With the acquisition in 2008 of Bil-Jax, the largest US
scaffold manufacturer, HNA is now made up of two divisions:
Haulotte US -Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), sales and service and
Haulotte-BilJax the manufacturer of AWPs, Scaffolding & Event
Products. Each division brands their respective product ranges and
distribution channels in the United States and Canada.
Their headquarters -the central hub for North America AWP
corporate offices, product and parts distribution, as well as all
in-house customer care activities are in Virginia Beach, VA.
Haulotte's other global factories are located in France,
Romania, and China.
Permanent, Fulltime Position
Competitive Base Salary and Benefits
- BS or AS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
related field required
- 10+ years experience in Purchasing
- Experience in manufacturing processes and in supply chain
- Good working knowledge of industrial markets and technical
aspects of industrial commodities.
- Solid PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Epicor or other ERP software preferred
- Basic understanding of quality assurance principals
- Strong business negotiations skills
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to success
- Proven ability to develop junior associates and build
- Good presentation and communication skills