About this vacancy
An excellent opportunity for a self-motivated candidate with pleasure for craft activity on technically sophisticated gearboxes coupled with a high level of accuracy.
On behalf of our client in Sacramento, CA, we are currently
searching an experienced Service & Repair Technician to
disassemble, assess, and assemble heavy industrial gearboxes and
optionally advise customers on troubleshooting, repairs,
inspections, as well as maintenance. Our client is looking for a
driven and self-motivated individual with technical knowledge of
industrial equipment and strong mechanical abilities willing to
improve and learn on the job.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Disassemble, assess, and assemble heavy industrial gearboxes
(400 to 20.000 lbs.).
- Responsible for capturing documentation (serial numbers,
measurements, pictures, etc.) which are required for technical
documents and reports.
- Issue and receive inventory items.
- Maintain tool inventory, tracking and data entry.
- Promote a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Optional: Travel to customer sites for inspections, trouble
shooting, and repairs. ▪ Optional: Development into a gearbox
technician trainer position.
With a company history of over 100 years, our client is a
recognized world leader in the design, manufacture, service, and
repair of industrial gearboxes with headquarters in Austria. The
gearboxes have been used in different machines and equipment such
as trains, power plants, cranes, plastic manufacturing, food
processing, steel, and many other industries.
The fast-growing U.S. subsidiary was established in 2011 in
Sacramento, CA and currently consists of a small team of approx. 10
- Experience in repair of industrial gearboxes preferred, missing
experience can be substituted with hands on experience at any type
of mechanical equipment (e.g. hobby mechanics, craftsman, Lego
Technic, RC car or plane builder).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, diagrams,
bill of material (BOM's) and work instructions.
- Willingness to analyze mechanical problems, recommend solutions
and initiate necessary repairs.
- Computer skills for compiling reports, checklist, general
communication, and timesheets.
- Ability to work self-efficient as well as in a team.
- Self-motivated to learn more about gearboxes and have a
positive impact on our team and partners.
- Positive work attitude and punctuality.